My posts have been a little scanty for the past few months because of one thing or another. My wedding is now about 7 weeks away and i am the proud owner now consider myself an expert in the art of managing stress
Wedding planning has been an eye opener on so many levels, some bad but mostly good and all very interesting life lessons. Here are my tips to anyone that will be getting married soon.
1. Don't do it. Get married alright but find a way that does not require you to spend months wearing yourself out planning for this one day. I have never been a wedding party person but it turns out im not just marrying myself and there are other people to consider so a wedding i will have,....I could have been happy saying my vows and going off to the honeymoon.
2. Now that you have decided you will have that wedding. Find your true friends and keep them close. planning can be a huge emotional roller coaster and you will need all the support you can get. Unconditionally supportive friends and family will be very handy.
3. Plan as early as you can. Use a wedding planner if you can afford one especially if you are having a big wedding.
4. You and your partner will have the most ridiculous fights about the wedding. If it were not so annoying and painful it would actually be funny. To curb this you will need to draw love from every bone in your body. Spend quality time together and do not discuss the wedding during said quality time. Wedding planning stress can affect your relationship and that can be permanent so watch out for that. In the end its all about the two of you so do whatever it takes to protect that.
5. Double your ME time. Do the things that make you happy: alone or with friends outside of the wedding planning committee. Run, go to the gym, read, do yoga or whatever tickles your fancy. If you have not already established one, now might be the time to create a happy and comfortable relationship with yourself.
That's my two cents for now. I am sure i will have a few more as d day approaches. Wish me luck
Happy Easter Holidays